National Current Affairs (Page : 13)
Thursday, Feb 06, 2014
Government of India sets up pay commissions at regular (but not fixed) interval to revise the work and pay structure of employees of central gove
Monday, Feb 03, 2014
India's longest rail cum road bridge 'Bogibeel bridge' (4.94 km) is expected to be completed by 2016. The bridge, the longest structure coming up on the river
Saturday, Feb 01, 2014
India has become the 1st Asian country, and only 3rd in the world after US and Ukraine, to have Shore Based Test Facility (SBTF). The facility, primarily meant
Friday, Jan 24, 2014
The recent RBI decision to phase out currency of all denomination printed pre-2005 created a flutter among the masses forcing the RBI governor himself to make h
Wednesday, Jan 22, 2014
The Union Cabinet has approved establishment of an ad-hoc 'Rail Tariff Authority' for pricing of passenger and freight services. Key Poin
Monday, Jan 20, 2014
India flexed its military might once again by sucessfully test-firing the nuclear capable Agni-IV missile (range upto 4000 km) from the Wheeler Island off the O
Wednesday, Jan 15, 2014
The 12th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas concluded with president awarding Pravasi Bharatiya Samman to 12 individuals and 1 institution this year. The event w
Monday, Jan 13, 2014
HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF THE CAUVERY WATER DISPUTE The disturbance between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu over Cauvery river dates back to the nineteenth centur
Wednesday, Jan 08, 2014
India has successfully test-fired nuclear capable Surface-to-Surface missile Prithvi II from Chandipur, Odisha. The missile, with a strike range of 350 km, is c
Tuesday, Dec 24, 2013
WHAT IS THE ISSUE ⇒ On December 12, Devyani Khobragade (India’s deputy consul general in USA), was arrested by USA’s security officials for commit
National Tidbits ( Dec 24, 2013 - Feb 06, 2014 )
- Feb 06, 2014 Group of Ministers (GoM) constituted to propose a place for setting up of a National War Memorial narrow down to ‘C’ Hexagon of India Gate.
- Feb 05, 2014 The Central Consumer Protection Council (CCPC) approves constitution of a sub-committee to draft guidelines to safeguard consumers interest from false advertisements in the country. show
- Feb 04, 2014 President Pranab Mukherjee launches the National Mission on Libraries. show
- Feb 03, 2014 Bogibeel bridge: India's longest rail cum road bridge. - read more
- Feb 03, 2014 Samsung dislodges Nokia as the most trusted brand in India as per 2014 Brand Trust Report. show
- Feb 03, 2014 The country's 1st Monorail service starts in Mumbai. The service connecting Wadala with Chembur, carrying about 560 passengers, will operate from 7 am to 3 pm.
- Feb 01, 2014 India: 1st Asian country to employ Shore Based Test Facility (SBTF). - read more
- Feb 01, 2014 Union Cabinet sanctions 2nd phase of Bangalore Metro (known as 'Namma') Rail Project. show
- Jan 31, 2014 The government hikes quota of subsidised LPG cylinders to 12 from earlier 9 cylinders per household annually. show
- Jan 30, 2014 India ranks 16th among the top 20 global economies receiving the most FDI as per the latest report by the United Nations. show
- Jan 30, 2014 37 per cent of the global illiterate adults, the most in the world, reside in India: UN - read more
- Jan 29, 2014 70% of Diesel, 99.6 % of Petrol is consumed in the country by the Transport Sector alone as per an all India study conducted by M/s Nielsen (India) for Petroleum Planning and Analysis Cell (PPAC) of Petroleum Ministry. show
- Jan 29, 2014 West Bengal Tableau, which depicted the famous Purulia Chhau Dance, declared the best tableau in the Republic Day parade. show
- Jan 28, 2014 Civil Aviation Ministry removes restrictions on operations of Airbus A-380 in India. show
- Jan 28, 2014 Life expectancy increases by 5 years over the past decade in India. show
- Jan 27, 2014 4th National Voters Day observed across the country on January 25th with 'Ethical Voting' as its theme. show
- Jan 25, 2014 Rio Tinto, world’s commercial mining giant, discovers diamond reserves in Bastar (Chhatisgarh). show
- Jan 23, 2014 Government launches LPG Connection Portability throughout India from today. The Scheme avails 480 districts in the country entailing all possible markets.
- Jan 23, 2014 Currency notes issued before 2005 to be phased out beginning March 31: RBI show
- Jan 21, 2014 The government agrees to set up Amritsar Kolkata Industrial Corridor Development Corporation for building 'Amritsar-Kolkata Industrial Corridor'. show
- Jan 20, 2014 Cauvery Water Dispute - read more
- Jan 20, 2014 Agni-IV successfully test-fired - read more
- Jan 20, 2014 Thiruvanathapuram based 'Technopark' is now the largest IT park in the country. show
- Jan 17, 2014 The 3-day International Kite Festival (IKF) 2014 kicks off at the Sabarmati riverfront in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. show
- Jan 17, 2014 The Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) ‘Abhinav’, the 3rd in the series of 20 Fast Patrol Vessels (FPVs), has been commissioned into Indian Navy. show
- Jan 14, 2014 India declared "Polio Free" by WHO (World Health Organisation) as it meets the criteria of "no new reported polio cases in last three years".
- Jan 11, 2014 World Hindi Day observed on January 10. show
- Jan 11, 2014 India's first gun for women, 'Nirbheek', rolls out of Indian Ordnance Factory, Kanpur. show
- Jan 08, 2014 Government launches the nation’s first comprehensive adolescent health programme 'Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram' (RKSK). show
- Jan 04, 2014 Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), country's largest software services firm, is soon to set up the world's largest corporate learning and development centre in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. show
- Jan 04, 2014 Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company (BAGIC) launches the first all India Woman’s insurance branch at Pune. The company plans to open more such branches across the country.
- Jan 03, 2014 Arup Raha becomes the chief of Indian Air Force. - read more
- Jan 02, 2014 India scraps controversial AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal. show
- Dec 31, 2013 Army Chief General Bikram Singh takes over as the new Chairman of Chiefs of Staff Committee (CoSC), succeeds Indian Air Force Chief Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne following his superannuation. show
- Dec 31, 2013 Book Release : Courage and Conviction -Autobiography of retired Indian Army Chief General V. K. Singh (with Kunal Verma).
- Dec 31, 2013 Prime Minister lays foundation stone of Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital and Research Centre (HBCHRC) at Mullanpur Garibdas (Mohali, Punjab), near Chandigarh. show
- Dec 30, 2013 Census 2011 figures on Number of Disabled person in India : 26.8million / 2.21% of population (2001 figures: 21.9million /2.13 % of population). Definition takes in to account 8 types of disabilities including mental illness. show
- Dec 30, 2013 Indian History Congress holds its 74th meet at Cuttak, Odisha.
- Dec 28, 2013 Government to set up 'National Cancer Institute' in Haryana at the Jhajjar campus of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). show
- Dec 26, 2013 Government to initiate 'Direct Transfer of Cash subsidy on PDS Kerosene'. The scheme known as DTCK (Direct Transfer of Cash subsidy on 'Public Distribution System Kerosene) would be along the lines of DBTL (direct benefit transfer of subsidy on LPG).