International Relations Current Affairs (Page : 5)
Friday, Feb 14, 2014
Country profile of Germany Germany is the largest country in Europe. Its official language is German, currency is euro. Government type : Federal parl
Thursday, Jan 23, 2014
Relations between Republic of India and Republic of Korea date to 48AD. According to ‘Samguk Yusa’, princess of Ayodhya – Suriratna went to Korea and marr
Thursday, Dec 12, 2013
Recently China declared its expanded East China Sea Air Defense Identification Zone (ADIZ) which led to regional tension as some of the declared area
Thursday, Dec 05, 2013
Introduction Recently, Ukraine refused to sign a landmark accord called Eastern partnership in the recent meeting in the Lithuanian capital. European Union i
Wednesday, Nov 27, 2013
INTRODUCTION After years of negotiation & talks, Iran has finally signed a nuclear deal with the west. This stands as important considering the already w
Saturday, Oct 12, 2013
South America is a Continent & ranks fourth in terms of area. It comprises of thirteen sovereign states : Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Co
Saturday, Oct 12, 2013
With the increase in population and development, need for energy has increased exponentially. For meeting the demands we need to work out all the options we
Tuesday, Sep 10, 2013
Cambodia's government-appointed election board (NEC) has ratified the victory of incumbent prime minister Hun Sen's ruling party CPP, rejecting oppos
Wednesday, Jun 26, 2013
16th Indo-China Boundary talks are scheduled to take place in Beijing between the Special Representatives (SRs) of the respective countries on the boundary q
Tuesday, Jun 25, 2013
India and USA convened their Fourth Strategic dialogue in Delhi, co-chaired by External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and U.S Secretary of State John Kerr
International Relations Tidbits ( Jun 25, 2013 - Feb 14, 2014 )
- Feb 14, 2014 Germany's President's recent Visit to India - read more
- Feb 14, 2014 Governments of India and China has designated the Year 2014 as the "Year of Friendly Exchanges"
- Feb 01, 2014 US Federal Aviation Administration downgrades aviation safety rating of Indian carriers. show
- Jan 31, 2014 Indian Rupee to be a legal tender in Zimbabwe alongwith the currencies of China, Japan and Australia. show
- Jan 20, 2014 India and UAE ink MoU for co-operation on renewable energy with special emphasis on solar and wind power.
- Jan 20, 2014 India and South Korea move to strenghten bilateral ties with signing of nine pacts.
- Jan 15, 2014 India and Canada inks Letter of Intent for co-operation in Iron and Steel Sector.
- Dec 23, 2013 India and Nepal agrees on a 14-point agenda to enhance trade, promote co-operation and address concerns of imbalanced bilateral trade. show
- Dec 21, 2013 Joint Study Group on BCIM Corridor (Bangladesh-China-India-Myanmar) holds first official-level talks in Kunming China. show
- Dec 19, 2013 Ukraine signs $15bn deal with Russia - to buy Ukrainian bonds of this value in addition to reducing the price of its gas supplies to Ukraine by 1/3rd. show
- Dec 18, 2013 The maiden Japan-India Maritime Exercise (JIMEX) in Indian water is to take place in the Bay of Bengal - off the Indian coast - from December 19-22, 2013.
- Dec 11, 2013 The television network group Star India has won the sponsorship rights of the Indian Cricket team for a period of four years (January1,2014- March31,2017). show
- Dec 07, 2013 U.N. Security Council passes French led resolution for increasing troops and authorizing increased military action by France and African Union troops in Central African Republic. show
- Nov 28, 2013 India, Belgium agree to work on signing an MOU to enhance cooperation in renewable energy.
- Nov 20, 2013 India and Russia to hold first ever joint Air Force Level exercise in 2014.
- Nov 12, 2013 PM recent visit to China : different aspects of India-China Relations - read more
- Nov 12, 2013 PM recent visit to Russia : Analysis and Historical background of Indo-Russian Relation. - read more
- Nov 09, 2013 India-China 10-day anti-terror joint exercise "Hand in Hand 2013" begins at Chengdu, China. This joint training exercise between the two countries is the 3rd in the series which started in 2007. The first was held at Kuming, China in December 2007 while the second was held at Belgaum, India in Nov 2008. - read more
- Nov 08, 2013 Indo-US joint annual naval exercise namely 'Malabar 2013' begins in the Bay of Bengal. - read more
- Nov 06, 2013 The 3rd BRICS Health Ministers Meeting to take place at Cape Town (South Africa) on 6-7 November. The first and second such meetings were held in Beijing (July 2011) and New Delhi (Jan 2013) respectively.
- Nov 05, 2013 IIMC (Indian Institute of Mass Communication) and Queensland University of Technology sign international cooperation agreement for training & capacity building.
- Nov 05, 2013 China sets up station to monitor movements of Indian planes at newly opened high-altitude airfield at Daulat Beg Oldie (DBO) sector in Ladakh.
- Nov 05, 2013 India to formulate a new agreement to enhance cultural ties with Trinidad & Tobago; to also help the Caribbean nation to set up a Sugar Museum at its capital, Port of Spain. show
- Nov 02, 2013 Cyprus notified as a notified Jurisdictional Area Under Section 94a of the Income-Tax Act,1961 ; All parties to the transaction with a person in Cyprus shall be treated as associated enterprises and the transaction shall be treated as an 'International Transaction' resulting in application of transfer-pricing regulations including maintenance of documentations.
- Nov 02, 2013 Indian broadcaster Prasar Bharati signs Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Cuban Radio and Television Institute (ICRT) as part of strengthening the friendly relations between the two countries. The deal will result in exchange of and collaboration in programmes of mutual interest between the two countries.
- Oct 29, 2013 China & Pakistan on track to seal the deal for two civil nuclear power plants in Pakistan despite international pressure. - read more
- Oct 29, 2013 Indian Chambers of Commerce (INCHAM) launched in Peru with aims to facilitate Indian Trade & Industry to do business in Peru and other Latin American countries.
- Oct 29, 2013 The fifth South Asian Conference on Sanitation (SACOSAN-V) concludes in Nepal with the signing of the Kathmandu Declaration. The Declaration, which includes specific points to accelerate the momentum of sanitation in the region, was signed by delegates from all the eight participating nations of South Asia.
- Oct 28, 2013 Joint Indo-Russian military training exercise 'INDRA 2013' held at Mahajan Field Firing Range, Jaisalmer. - read more
- Oct 25, 2013 Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) to export indigenously developed sonars to Myanmar.
- Oct 24, 2013 India and China sign 'Border Defence Co-operation Agreement' among total of nine pacts. Key points... show
- Oct 19, 2013 Saudi Arabia Rejects U.N. Security Council Seat Protesting conciliatory Western overtures toward its regional rivals Syria and Iran.
- Oct 18, 2013 PM of Hungary, Dr. Viktor Orban, is on a State Visit to India : signs bilateral agreement with India for promotion and development of its traditional systems of medicine (AYUSH).
- Oct 16, 2013 india and South America relations - read more
- Oct 16, 2013 India- Nepal- Bangladesh Cooperation Over Hydropower. - read more
- Oct 16, 2013 UPSC (M) Paper iii (GS-II) - India and its neighborhood : India and Afghanistan relation - read more
- Oct 12, 2013 India Signs agreement with Seven Countries to restore the famous ancient Nalanda University as an institution of international repute. The Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) for the project were signed with Australia, Cambodia, Singapore, Brunei, New Zealand, Laos and Myanmar in the sidelines of East Asia Summit in Brunei.
- Oct 07, 2013 India & Bangladesh takes two major steps in power cooperation through commissioning of 500 MW grid inter-connection at Bherampura (Bangladesh) and inauguration of 1,320-MW joint venture named Maitri Thermal Power Project. show
- Oct 05, 2013 India re-elected to the new Council of 'International Civil Aviation Organisation' (ICAO) as one of the states making the largest contribution in facilitating global air navigation. show
- Sep 25, 2013 Prime Minister Manmohan Singh leaves for UN General Assembly meet in New York; to meet with Nawaz Sharif on the sidelines
- Sep 19, 2013 Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff cancels her US visit in protest of US snooping.
- Sep 19, 2013 India signs pact with Latavia for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with respect to Taxes on Income (DTAA).
- Sep 18, 2013 Germany to give financial and technical assistance to India for the Green Energy Corridors (wind and solar power projects).
- Sep 17, 2013 India and Africa International Relation - whole spectrum - read more
- Sep 17, 2013 Australia, that holds about one-third of world's known uranium reserve, is to resume talks with India on uranium supply.
- Sep 14, 2013 India and Kyrgyzstan pledge to increase defence co-operation.
- Sep 13, 2013 Angry Japan lodges a formal protest against Fukushima cartoons published in french weekly Le Canard Enchaine.
- Sep 12, 2013 Russia to sell improved S-300 air defence missiles to Iran; help it establish it's second nuclear reactor at Busher
- Sep 11, 2013 The two Koreas, in a sign of easing hostilities, set to restart jointly run Kaesong factory park. show
- Sep 10, 2013 India fields Dr. Poonam Khetrapal Singh for the post of Regional Director of the WHO for South Asia Region. She is the first Indian candidate after 44 years. show
- Sep 10, 2013 Syria accepts Russian offer to give up chemical weapons to avert US intervention; US positive, Senate delays vote on use of force.
- Sep 06, 2013 India to contribute $18 billion in BRICS $100 billion capital development bank. show
- Sep 06, 2013 Iran releases detained Indian tanker MT Desh Shanti.
- Sep 06, 2013 Brazil cancels delegation visit preparatory to president Dilma Rouseff october 23 visit to US over snooping charges.
- Sep 04, 2013 Russia to give upgraded INS Vikramaditya to India on November 15 this year.
- Sep 02, 2013 BRICS agrees on the structure of development bank with $50 billion in capital; still to work out the modalities
- Sep 02, 2013 Arab League calls on UN to take necessary measures against the Syrian regime.
- Aug 30, 2013 Britain's Parliament rejects military intervention in Syria by 285 to 272 votes.
- Aug 29, 2013 India asks Myanmar to set up joint border working group to address undemarcated border issues. show
- Aug 26, 2013 Prime Minister of Iraq ,Nouri Kamil al-Maliki on a visit to India- discusses bilateral relations. show
- Aug 24, 2013 Nicaragua offers India to join in $40-billion project that connect the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans by a mega canal larger than the Panama Canal.
- Aug 21, 2013 India flexes muscles with China; lands its largest aircraft the C 130J-30 Super Hercules at Daulat Beg Oldie near LAC which is the highest airstrip in the world( 5065m).
- Aug 19, 2013 Central African Republic swears in Michel Djotodia as president. Djotodia, a rebel leader had assumed power in a coup in March this year. - read more
- Aug 16, 2013 Iran detains Indian tanker "MT Desh Shanti" on count of oil spill.
- Aug 10, 2013 India, Morocco signs double taxation avoidance pact ensuring effective exchange of information on tax matters.
- Aug 06, 2013 Srilanka commissions Chinese-funded Colombo port project meant to enhance and modernise the port's capability; Its built on 85:15 partnership in favor of China.
- Aug 02, 2013 Russia grants one year asylum to NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden. - read more
- Jul 26, 2013 Bangladesh Foreign Minister Ms. Dipu Moni is in India; seeks progress on Teesta river water agreement and ratification by India of the 1974 Indira-Mujib land boundary accord.
- Jul 23, 2013 US Vice President Joe Biden arrives in India on a four-day visit meant to consolidate ties and lay the groundwork for upcoming summit between Manmohan Singh and Obama in Washington.
- Jul 20, 2013 India restore subsidy on LPG and kerosene to Bhutan; was cut a fortnight before the Bhutan went to poll
- Jul 18, 2013 India to raise its maiden mountain strike corps along the China border, to be India's fourth strike corps(meant for offensive operations) overall.
- Jul 17, 2013 EU bans funding for Israeli settlements in occupied territory (areas beyond 1967 Green Line)
- Jul 10, 2013 India, Lanka, Maldives sign trilateral pact on maritime security in Indian Ocean region
- Jul 03, 2013 China beat ONGC in buying into the Kashagan oil field of Kazakhstan(the world largest find in the last five decades) - read more
- Jun 29, 2013 Indo-Pak joint business council to meet to discuss granting of MFN(Most favored nation status), TAPI(Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India) pipeline project.