Engineering Current Affairs (Page : 1)
Friday, Nov 08, 2013
Indian Railways has set the first ever Dual Cab 4500 HP Freight Diesel locomotive ‘Vijay’ in motion. The AC equipped locomotive with double cabins at b
Engineering Tidbits ( Jan 01, 1970 - Nov 08, 2013 )
- Nov 07, 2013 Indian Railways first ever Dual Cab 4500 HP Freight Diesel locomotive ‘Vijay’ flagged off from Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW), Varanasi. - read more
- Sep 27, 2013 India's most powerful engine of 5500 HP rolls out from Diesel Locomotive Works, Varanasi. Its considered to be world largest locomotive to be used on a 22-axle load.
- Sep 04, 2013 Monorail to make it's debut in Delhi by 2017: Sheila Dikshit
- Aug 06, 2013 India to launch its indigenous aircraft carrier INS Vikrant (40,000-tonne carrier) from the Cochin Shipyard on August 12, 2013; Will only be fifth nation after America, Russia, UK and France to manufacture and operate a 40,000 tonne carrier.
- Aug 05, 2013 China is building the world highest airport (4411 metre) "Daocheng Yading airport" in Garze, Sichuan province.
- Jun 25, 2013 HPCL to set up oil refinery at Pachparda (Barmer), Rajasthan.
- Jun 24, 2013 Government looks to construct world largest power transmission grid by 2017.
- Jun 24, 2013 Manipur, Tripura to get their first international airport, to better connectivity with South-East Asia.
- Jun 13, 2013 Mumbai gets new Eastern freeway: 17 km signal free ride through India's second largest flyover.