Narendra Modi: 15th most powerful person in the world
Narendra Modi is the 15th most powerful person in the world at present.
Indian PM is the top ranked Indian in the Forbes' list of world's most powerful people for the year 2014.
Russian President Vladimir Putin retains his numero uno seat - just above his American rival Barack Obama (2nd) - for the second consecutive year.
Chinese President Xi Jinping comes 3rd followed by Pope Francis at number four and the world's most powerful woman German Chancellor Angela Merkel at fifth.
The top 5 remains the same as the last year.
Points to Note
- Slots are allocated based on the amount of human and financial resources that they have sway over, as well as their influence on world events.
- The list has one slot for every 100 million people on Earth.
- The list contains 72 people - same as last year. (there is no cap on the number of people)
- The annual ranking is in circulation since 2009.
Other Indians in list
- Mukesh Ambani : 36th (Chairman of Reliance Industries)
- Lakshmi Mittal : 57th (Chairman and CEO of ArcelorMittal)
- Satya Nadella : 64th (CEO of Microsoft )
- Vladimir Putin
- Barack Obama
- Xi Jinping
- Pope Francis
- Angela Merkel
- Janet Yellen (Chair of the US Federal Reserve System)
- Bill Gates
- Mario Draghi (President of the European Central Bank)
- Sergey Brin & Larry Page (Google co-founders)
- David Cameron (Prime Minister of United Kingdom)