HAL to supply fourteen 'Do-228' aircraft to IAF
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) bags Rs 1090 Crore contract for supplying 14 Do-228 aircraft to Indian Air Force.
The deal also includes six reserve engines, one flight simulator and associated equipments.
Advantages of 'DO-228'
- The Aircraft enjoys several in-built features such as highest fuel carrying capacity in its class (2850 litres) due to integral fuel tanks in wings.
- Short take-off and landing capability- the aircraft can take off from around 700 m and land within 575 m- essentially required for operations from short and semi-prepared airfields
- Low structural weight ensured through use of advanced composite materials.
- High wing design for unobstructed view and radar coverage.
- Wide wheel base for better stability.
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
- HAL is a government-owned aerospace and defence company based in Bangalore.
- Its primary job is to manufacture Aircraft, Navigation and related Communication equipments and manage airports operation.