Delhi sets a "Benchmark" by launching India's first 'e-ration card' facility
e-ration card facility makes its debut in India at Delhi.
This would enable beneficiaries to print the ration card from Delhi govt web portal "http://nfs.delhi.gov.in" as soon as it is approved by the department of food supplies.
This new system will end corrupt practices and bring transparency.
Now people would be able to apply online for food security and get sms alert as soon as their application gets approved by the food supply officer concerned.
- "e-ration card" or electronic ration card would cut short the long traditional methond of applying and getting one's ration card user friendly portal is hoped to increase transparency and end courrupt practices.
- Complete detail regarding avilliability, price and location of a nearby FPS can be acessed easily by just logging on to the web portal
Food Security Bill:-
- The National Food Security Act, 2013 (Right to Food Act) was signed into law on September 12, 2013.
- It aims to provide subsidized food grains to approximately two thirds of India's population.
- It includes the Midday Meal Scheme, Integrated Child Development Services scheme and the Public Distribution System.
- Further, the NFSA 2013 recognizes maternity entitlements 75% of rural population and 50% of the urban population are entitled for three years from enactment to 5 kilograms food grains per month at Rs 3, 2, and 1 per kg for rice, wheat and coarse grains (millet), respectively.
- The states are responsible for determining eligibility criteria
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers are entitled to a nutritious "take home ration" of 600 Calories and a maternity benefit of at least Rs 6,000 for six months.
- Children - from 6 months to 14 years of age - are to receive free hot meals or "take home rations".
Some popular "e-services" by other state governments :-
- CFST: (Citizen Friendly Services of Transport Department) - Launched by Andhra Pradesh to provide services such as Issuance and renewal of driving licenses etc.
- E-SEVA: Electronic seva by Andhra Pradesh government to pay utility bills, avail of trade licenses and transact on government matters all these facilities
- FRIENDS: This project is started by Kerala Government for its citizens to make online payment of electricity and water bills, revenue taxes, license fees, motor vehicle taxes, university fees, etc
- LokMitra: The services - launched by Himachal Pradesh - include information about vacancies, tenders, market rates, matrimonial services, village e-mail etc.
- TRIS: Tripura Registration Information System is meant for capturing of online photograph and biometric impression, Service for visit commission, request for duplicate document, searching of document etc.
- BHOOSWADEENA: This project is computerized land acquisition system with tight integration with BHOOMI. (The purpose of this project is to develop a system to automate the process Land acquisition).
- E-Panjeeyan: It is started by Assam government to deals with the computerization of the Document registration work at Sub Registrar Office.
- SEEDNET: It is a SEED informatics network under ministry of Agriculture, Government of India. (The project was started in Chhattisgarh in the month of July' 2008 for Kharif season).