Centre to launch a portal for developing security apps
Ministry of Home Affairs is going to launch a web portal 'MySecurity.in' to provide a platform for developing security related web applications.
Any individual, company, student, NGO etc can develop and deploy on this portal such security applications which may be useful to the people.
General public can then pick and choose apps as per the requirement from this trusted platform.
The main objective of the web portal is to promote innovation in developing security related applications as well as offer to the people safe and trusted applications for their security needs.
- Priority will be given to applications serving general welfare; like one providing security in emergency situations to women, children, senior citizens and other vulnerable groups.
- Tools to monitor objectionable Internet content including those aiming to prevent, detect and report cyber crime will also be treated fairly.
- Apps that educate and create awareness about good security practices among people, facilitating legal services would also form one of the thrust areas.
Who can get access?
- Any developer, meeting the basic screening criteria, will be allowed hardware and middleware resources in a cloud based environment to deploy their apps.
- Selection Criteria An expert group constituted by MHA will evaluate the application on parameters like usefulness, innovation, public acceptance, technology used, maintenance, updation, feedback mechanism etc.
- MHA will allow only such applications to be hosted on the website that pass security audit.