India to surpass China’s population by 2022: UN Report
- According to United Nation’s report India is going to become the most populous nation in the world by surpassing China in 2022.
- It should be noted that China and India are the two largest countries in the world, each with more than 1 billion people, representing 19 and 18 percent of the world's population.
- The report said that half of the world’s population growth during the period will be concentrated in just nine countries, including India
- Although the populaton of China will be stable untill 2030, while India's Population will be growing for several decades and at a pace.
- In 2030, India would be home to 1.5 billion and a staggering 1.7 billion in 2050. The current world population of 7.3 billion is expected to reach 8.5 billion by 2030, 9.7 billion in 2050 and 11.2 billion in 2100
- By 2050, six countries are expected to exceed 300 million: China, India, Indonesia, Nigeria, Pakistan, and the USA
Impact of population growth :-
- It will become more difficult to eradicate poverty and inequality
- It will become more difficult to combat hunger and malnutrition
- It will become more difficult to expand educational enrolment and health
Image source :Topyapps>Login To Save for Revision
- David Taylor appointed as new ceo of Procter & Gamble (P&G)
- The world’s largest household products maker Procter & Gamble (P&G) has appointed its company veteran David Taylor as it's new President and Chief Executive Officer on 29 July 2015.
- A.G. Lafley will become Procter & Gamble’s Executive Chairman. In this role, Mr. Lafley will lead the Board of Directors, and provide advice and counsel to the CEO and P&G leadership on Company and business strategies, portfolio choices, and organization decision
- This decision came in wake of sluggish sales in developed countries it shouldbenoted that recently it has also announced to sell off its 40 brands to the perfume maker Coty Inc for USD 12.5 billion.
Procter & Gamble (P&G)
- Procter & Gamble Co., also known as P&G, is an American multinational consumer goods company headquartered in U.S.A founded by William Procter and James Gamble, both from the United Kingdom
- Its products include pet food, cleaning agents, and personal care products. Prior to the sale of Pringles to the Kellogg Company, its product line included foods and beverages
Image source:reuters>Login To Save for Revision
- Kotak bank launches ‘Kotak Bharat’ mobile banking app for ‘un-banked’ regions
- Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMB) launched a mobile banking app ‘Kotak Bharat’ aiming to provide mobile banking services to customers in the remotest regions of India.'Kotak Bharat'requires no internet connectivity.
- The Android-based app is specifically designed to provide banking service to customers in the under-banked and un-banked regions with provision to use service in their preferred language.
- Initially the service will be provided in Hindi and English language and would also be available in Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil and Kannada in few months
- Customers can manage their savings/current accounts and credit cards through this app. Initially will be launch in prominent Hindi belt centre starting from Lucknow and will spread its service in other state in few month
- The app is compatible on SMS banking keyword process platform where customers could download the app on their registered mobile number without any separate registration process.
Image source:aimoney.blogspot>Login To Save for Revision
- Tata brand retained its number 1 position in India
- Tata brand retained its number 1 position and most valuable brand at more than $15 billion according to year’s annual study conducted by the U.K. based Brand Finance, a leading brand valuation consultancy.
- It should be noted that with growth of emerging sectors like e-commerce, tele communications, technology companies, banking services the competition for places in the Top 100
The top 10 Indian brands include:-
- Tata Group (brand value $15378 million)
- State Bank of India ($6,563 million)
- LIC ($4,927 m)
- Airtel ($4,524 m)
- Reliance ($3,663 m)
- Indian Oil ($3,493 m)
- Infosys ($3,414 m)
- L&T ($3,235 m)
- HCL ($3,148 m)
- ONGC ($2,899 m)
>Login To Save for Revision
- Twenty per cent of the brands in this year’s Brand Finance India 100 list are new entries.They are from e-commerce, pharma, auto, telecom, heavy engineering and banking sectors
- The new entrants in the top 100 list include Essar (11th rank with brand value of $2,747 m), United Spirits (22nd rank $1,337 m), Marico (36 rank $725 m), and Future Retail (43 rank $493 m)
- The other brands include Berger Paints, Bharat Heavy Electricals, Micromax, Nerolac, Shree Cement, Aircel, IndusInd Bank, Voltas, TVS Motor, Royal Enfield, Pidilite, Flipkart, Dr. Reddy’s Lab, Sun Pharma, Sun TV and Piramal Enterprises.
- To stay in the premier league of brands will require a world beating product or service, differentiation and a strong vision and mission, including a strong ethical stance
- Eminent vocalist Vasundhara Komkali passes away
- Renowned vocalist and wife of eminent musician late Pandit Kumar Gandhrav, Vasundhara Komkali died after a brief illness, She was 85.
- Vasundhara Komkali was a veteran of the arts and recognised with several awards, including one conferred by the Sangeet Natak Academy, and the prestigious Padmashri award.
- Vasundhara Komkali was born in Jamshedpur she shifted to Kolkata to receive training in Indian classical singing before moving to Mumbai to continue her musical training under the guidance of Prof BR Deodhar and later she became a disciple of Pandit Kumar Gandharv, her future husband
- Vasundhara Komkali was a pioneer of the Kumar Gandharva School of music, and she also represented the best of Khyal music.
Image source :indianexpress>Login To Save for Revision
- SEBI cancelled Certificate of Registration of Sahara Mutual Fund
- India's securities market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has cancelled the certificate of registration of Sahara Mutual Fund as it found the fund house, Sahara Asset Management Company (AMC) and Sahara Sponsor not "fit and proper" to carry on the business.
- Keeping the interests of unit holders, the order of cancellation of the Certificate of Registration of the Sahara Mutual Fund shall be effective on expiry of six (6) months from the date of the said order
- SEBI has barred the fund house from accepting any fresh subscription from investors and has directed it to make efforts to transfer the business to a new fund house in five months and return the certificate of registration to SEBI within six months.
Most Popular Stories
Like us ?
By solving 2 + 2 won't make you genius or by liking Sai Baba post won't make you successful. But if you read boring current affairs delivered by erewise then it will certainly help you crack your exams.
Erewise is a revision web portal especially designed & dedicated to students who want to make it big in the world through their academic skills and talents.
We cater to the needs of those who seek career in high offices by cracking competitive exams like SSC, UPSC, Banking, State PCS and others by providing them with comprehensive and interactive learning contents that keep them abreast with the relevant news and events around the world in an appealing way.
Write for us
You can now write your ideas/views on the current affairs and let all others to read them by publishing them on our website.
It's a golden chance to analyse your state of preparations by writing on daily current events and reviewing response/comments received on them.