Renowned football administrator T. R. Govindarajan passes away at 90
One of the long-standing and distinguished football administrators of Tamil Nadu, T. R. Govindarajan passed away recently. He was 90. T. R. Govindarajan was fondly known as TRG, he served Tamil Nadu Football Association in many capacities as Secretary for 24 years (1975-78, 1980-82 & 1990-2008), Vice-President, Assistant Secretary and Treasurer. TRG retired as Office Superintendent in Southern Railway.
About TR Govindarajan :-
>Login To Save for Revision
- TRG was the first Secretary of Madras Football Association when it was formed in 1978. He was one of the founders of Netaji Sports Club and had served as the Secretary of club for 56 years till 2006.
- He was a National referee from 1958. He has officiated as a referee in the finals of 1967 Santosh Trophy at Cuttack and the quadrangular tournament in Colombo in 1968.
- After active refereeing, he was a match commissioner, referee's instructor and examiner of All India Football Federation (AIFF) and officiated in Santosh Trophy, National Football league and other National Championships
- Later, he was the member of the AIFF Referees Board Committee for more than a decade. He was also its Deputy Chairman and Chairman. At the State level (TFA), he was the President and Secretary of TFA's Referees Board.
- Writer, columnist and journalist Mahip Singh passes away
Writer, columnist and journalist Mahip Singh is no more as he passed at a private hospital in Gurgaon . He was 85.
Mahip Singh who was born on August 15, 1930 at a village in Unnao district of Uttar Pradesh and later shifted to Kanpur was a renowned writer. His famous novels include 'Ye Bhi Nhi', Abhi Shesh Hai' and 'Bich ki Dhoop'.
Collection of his first short stories 'Subah ke Phool' was published in 1959 and later on more than 20 short stories collections were published. He had been editing literary magazine 'Sanchetna' for the past 45 years. He established Bhartiya Lekhak Sangathan in 1978.
Awards and honours :- His contribution to the literature was incredible. He was honoured by the central and state governments and various literary organisation for his contribution.>Login To Save for Revision
- Japan launches it's first dedicated commercial satellite into space
Japan conducted its first dedicated commercial satellite launch by launching Canadian communications spacecraft, Telstar 12V, into the orbit. The satellite was launched aboard an H-IIA rocket that blasted off from Pad 1 of the Yoshinobu Launch Complex at Japan’s Tanegashima Space Centre. In 2012, Japan had launched South Korea’s commercial satellite Arirang-3 as a secondary payload to the Shizuku (GCOM-W) climate observatory.
The rocket, manufactured by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries in collaboration with the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency conducted the launch. The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency spent 9.2 billion yen ( USD 74.9 million) on the modification. The launch was the first using the H-IIA upgraded second stage and the first commercial launch for the platform.>Login To Save for Revision
- Sunil Kanoria appointed as president of Assocham
Sunil Kanoria, vice-chairman of non-banking finance company SREI Infrastructure Finance Limited, assumed charge as new president of Associated Chamber of Commerce and Industry of India (Assocham). Kanoria will be succeeding Rana Kapoor, managing director and CEO of Yes Bank.
Kanoria has been associated with several industry associations - Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC), Hire Purchase & Lease Association, Kolkata (HPLA), Merchants' Chamber of Commerce, Kolkata (MCC) and Federation of Indian Hire Purchase Association (FIHPA).
Kanoria is also joint managing director of SREI BNP Paribas, a 50:50 joint venture between SREI Infrastructure Finance Limited and BNP Paribas Leasing Group, France.
Kanoria has also held the prestigious position as Member of the Working Group on Construction for the Tenth Five-Year Plan (2002-07) of the Planning Commission, Government of India. He is currently a council member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India ( ICAI) as a nominee of the Government of India.>Login To Save for Revision
- Noted litterateur Surendra Upadhyay passes away
Renowned litterateur and former chairman of Rajasthan Brijbhasha Academy, Professor Surendra Upadhyay passed away in Jaipur due to cardiac arrest. He was 74.
Facts about Professor Surendra Upadhyay :-
- Upadhyay has authored at least three dozens of books, mainly short fiction, critic and poetry.
- He was engaged with a TV serial 'Yamuna Kinare' as director and writer at the time of his death.
- He had also served as chairman of Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee Intellectual Cell.
- He had also worked on analysing 'Kamayani' (an epic Hindi poem) written by yesteryears novelist, playwright and poet Jaishankar Prasad.
- He was the recipient of Doctor of Literature (DLit) at the university of Rajasthan where he was head of the department.
Most Popular Stories
Like us ?
By solving 2 + 2 won't make you genius or by liking Sai Baba post won't make you successful. But if you read boring current affairs delivered by erewise then it will certainly help you crack your exams.
Erewise is a revision web portal especially designed & dedicated to students who want to make it big in the world through their academic skills and talents.
We cater to the needs of those who seek career in high offices by cracking competitive exams like SSC, UPSC, Banking, State PCS and others by providing them with comprehensive and interactive learning contents that keep them abreast with the relevant news and events around the world in an appealing way.
Write for us
You can now write your ideas/views on the current affairs and let all others to read them by publishing them on our website.
It's a golden chance to analyse your state of preparations by writing on daily current events and reviewing response/comments received on them.