Nico Rosberg of Mercedes wins Austrian Grand Prix of F1 ahead of Mercedes teammate Hamilton
- Nico Rosberg of Mercedes wins Austrian Grand Prix of F1 ahead of Mercedes teammate Hamilton
- German racing driver who currently drives for the Mercedes Formula One team has won the Austrian Grand Prix Formula One (F1) World Championship title.
- It is Rosberg's third win this season and 11th victory of his career . He was also the winner of Austrian Grand Prix Formula One (F1) of 2014
Other positions of the championship :-
- Lewis Hamiltion (Mercedes) from United Kingdom- 2nd position
- Felipe Massa (Williams) from Brazil- 3rd position
- Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) from Germany- 4th Position
Cool facts about his Helmet design and number :-
For the 2014 season, a new rule allowed the driver to pick a unique car number to use throughout their entire F1 career. Rosberg picked number 6 and later tweeted "Cool. Got number 6 for my remaining F1 career! My future wife's and my dad's lucky number. So it has got to work for me too!".He also changed the colour of his helmet after 8 years from yellow to dark grey. The overall design included chrome, some Buddhist influence, clean lines and personal symbols, designed by Jens Munser.
>Login To Save for Revision
- Sanjay Subrahmanyan selected for ‘Sangita Kalanidhi’ award 2015
- One of the foremost south Indian classical vocalists "Sanjay Subrahmanyam" has been selected for ‘Sangita Kalanidhi’ award 2015 of The Music Academy.
- He will preside over the 89th annual conference of the Academy to be held between December 15, 2015 and January 1, 2016.
- With this honour Sanjay joins the league of select few artistes like Ariyakudi Ramanuja Iyengar who were conferred with the award before they turned 50.
About Sanjay Subrahmanyam :-
>Login To Save for Revision
- The 47-year-old carnatic singer Sanjay Subrahmanyam started performing from 1987 he has several other awards to his credit.
- He was conferred the Gaana Padhmam by the Brahma Gana Sabha in 2013 and Vani Kala Sudhakara by the Tyaga Brahma Gana Sabha in 2010
- He has also been honoured the title Kalaimamani by the Government of Tamil Nadu in 2006.
- Earlier, he had received awards as a junior artiste, including the Yuva Kala Bharathi by the Bharath Kalachar.
- He was also the subject of a documentary, Aarar Aasaippadar, which received huge reviews ,Sanjay is also teaches music.
- International Yoga Day celebration at Rajpath sets two new Guinness World Records
>Login To Save for Revision
- On International Yoga Day Prime Minister Narendra Modi did yoga for 35 minutes on Rajpath on Sunday morning, leading from the front as India set two new Guinness World Records — for the most individuals, and individuals from the largest number of nationalities — in performing the exercises at a single venue.
- Showcase yoga programme at Rajpath saw the largest number of participants around 36 thousand participants performed asanas and 84 nationalities joined the official observation of International Yoga Day at Rajpath in New Delhi .
- Minister of AYUSH, Shripad Naik said it is a matter of pride for India that the country has broken two records on one day. In the evening, the Ministry was awarded two world records by Guinness World Records (GWR) officials at a ceremony at The Ashok.
- The earlier record for the largest number of participants at a yoga session was set in 2005, when 29,973 students from 362 schools performed yogic kriyas in Gwalior. At least 50 nationalities needed to have joined in at Rajpath on Sunday to qualify for the second record
- Nathu La Pass in Sikkim to be opened for pilgrims to travel to Kailash-Mansarovar by bus
- China and India has opened the Nathu La border point in Sikkm to enable pilgrims to travel Kailash-Manasarovar by bus from the border without the ordeal of trekking and travelling on horse backs.
- With this decision taken by both the countries around 40 Indian pilgrims, bound for the spiritual Kailash Mansarovar Yatra, will cross over from Nathu La Pass on the Sikkim-Tibet border, a route that remained closed for more than a half-century following the 1962 Sino-India war
- The Chinese Ambassador to India Le Yucheng and diplomats from the Indian Embassy in Beijing will receive the first batch of 44 pilgrims and support staff as Indian pilgrims in Tibet
- The agreement to open the second route was reached during last year's visit of Chinese President Xi Jinping to India as Narendra Modi had urged him earlier to open the route to reduce the difficulties faced by pilgrims through the existing routes through Uttarakhand and Nepal which involved arduous journey involving heavy tracking or by mules.
- Prior to this,the Yatra being organised by External Affairs Ministry goes through Lipu Pass in Himalays connecting the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand in India with the old trading town of Taklakot in Tibet. The Ministry permits over 1,000 pilgrims a year in 18 batches involving a 22-day journey.
- Now Nathu La route will enable pilgrims to travel 1,500 km long route from Nathu La to Kailash by buses once the infrastructure like hotels is improve in the remote place the numbers could doubled from next year
- The pilgrims are charged nominal amounts and Chinese central government and his embassy has allocated funds to subsidise the Indian pilgrims travel
About Nathu La and Kailash Mansarovar:-
Nathu La, which means "Mountain pass with listening ears", was closed after 1962 Sino-Indian war. The area had witnessed week-long skirmishes between the Indian and Chinese Army. After remaining closed for all activities, the pass was opened as a trading junction in 2006. Traders from both sides gathered in the No-Man's Land and sold their items but due to limited number of items including goat and sheep skin, raw silk, china clay, butter, common salt, cycles, tea, cigarette, the trading point has been receiving a lukewarm response from traders of the two countries
Kailash Mansarovar is believed to be the seat of Hindu god Shiva. Pilgrims have to travel to high altitudes through inhospitable and rugged terrain. Hundreds go on the pilgrimage every year, with a part of the journey overseen by Chinese authorities.>Login To Save for Revision
- The famous Ambubachi Mahotsava of Kamakhaya temple in Assam begans from today
- The door of the Shakti shrine will remain closed from tonight till the 26th of this month.
- All arrangement have been made to welcome around 4 lakh devotees from across the globe.
- North East Frontier Railway has arranged special trains between Katihar and Guwahati to accommodate extra rush of pilgrims.
- 1 thousand 400 hundred NCC and police personnel have been deployed. Six control rooms have been set up to facilitate visitors. Medicals teams and ambulances are being deployed for any eventuality.
What is Ambubachi Mela ?
- The Ambubachi Mela is an annual Hindu mela held at Kamakhya Temple in Guwahati, Assam.
- This yearly mela is celebrated during the monsoon season that happens to fall during the Assamese month Ahaar, around the middle of June, when the Brahmaputra river is in spate.
- It is the celebration of the yearly menstruation course of goddess Kamakhya.It is the celebration of the yearly menstruation course of goddess Kamakhya.
- It is also believed that during the monsoon rains the creative and nurturing power of the 'menses' of Mother Earth becomes accessible to devotees at this site during the mela.
- There is no idol of the presiding deity but she is worshipped in the form of a yoni-like stone instead over which a natural spring flows
Most Popular Stories
Like us ?
By solving 2 + 2 won't make you genius or by liking Sai Baba post won't make you successful. But if you read boring current affairs delivered by erewise then it will certainly help you crack your exams.
Erewise is a revision web portal especially designed & dedicated to students who want to make it big in the world through their academic skills and talents.
We cater to the needs of those who seek career in high offices by cracking competitive exams like SSC, UPSC, Banking, State PCS and others by providing them with comprehensive and interactive learning contents that keep them abreast with the relevant news and events around the world in an appealing way.
Write for us
You can now write your ideas/views on the current affairs and let all others to read them by publishing them on our website.
It's a golden chance to analyse your state of preparations by writing on daily current events and reviewing response/comments received on them.